|Area served||Bangor, Brewer, Hampden, Old Town, Orono and Veazie in ME|
|Number of routes||11|
|Ridership||954,029 (2014, annual)|
|Union||ATU Local 714|
Community Connector is the bus system for the city of Bangor and the surrounding areas in Maine.
- Established in December 1972 as Citibus.
- In the 1980s, it was renamed to The Bus.
- In 2002, it was rebranded as BAT Community Connector.
- In 2011, "BAT" in the system's name was dropped and became known as Community Connector.
Maps & Schedules
Note: Bus service does not run on Sundays, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
|Route||Destinations||Days of Operation|
|Brewer North||Bangor Depot, North Brewer Shopping Center¹, Brewer Shopping Center, Walmart (Walton Dr.), Marden's||Monday-Saturday|
|Brewer South||Bangor Depot, S. Main & Elm Sts., Brewer Shopping Center, Walmart (Walton Dr.), Marden's||Monday-Saturday|
|Capehart||Bangor Depot, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Airport Mall, Bangor International Airport, Bolling Dr., Capehart, Penobscot Job Corps Academy²||Monday-Saturday|
|Center Street||Bangor Depot, St. Joseph's Hospital, Bangor Gardens³, Broadway Shopping Center||Monday-Saturday|
|Hammond Street||Bangor Depot, Union St., University of Maine at Augusta, Hammond St., Buck & Third Sts.⁴, Cedar St.||Monday-Saturday|
|Hampden||Bangor Depot, Shaw's, Beal College, Hampden Academy, Hampden||Monday-Friday|
|Mall Hopper||Airport Mall, Husson University, Broadway Shopping Center⁵, Bangor Mall, Ohio St.||Monday-Saturday|
|Mount Hope⁶||Bangor Depot, Mount Hope Ave. & Elm St., Kmart, Bangor Mall, Target, Eastern Maine Community College||Monday-Saturday|
|Old Town||Bangor Depot, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Veazie, University of Maine, Old Town⁷, Old Town Plaza⁷, University Mall Shopping Center, Orono Research Park⁷||Monday-Saturday|
|Stillwater||Bangor Depot, Broadway & Stillwater Ave., Bangor Mall, Ridgewood Dr., Walmart (Stillwater Ave.)||Monday-Saturday|
¹You can request a stop at Colonial Circle and/or Brewer Community Center after the North Brewer Shopping Center stop.
²The 7:15 AM, 11:15 AM, 3:45 PM and 4:45 PM weekday runs departing from Bangor Depot will detour in one direction along Union St. and Davis Rd. to stop at the Penobscot Job Corps Academy.
³The 8:45 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:45 PM, 2:45 PM, 4:45 PM and 5:45 PM runs departing from Bangor Depot will stop at Bangor Gardens.
⁴All bus runs starting with the 8:15 AM run departing from Bangor Depot and every x:15 run thereafter will stop at Buck & Third Sts.
⁵You can request a stop at St. Joseph Healthcare Park's Building 2 & 5 after the Broadway Shopping Center stop on the way to Airport Mall.
⁶Buses going outbound will stop at Evergreen Woods and Eastern Maine Community College by request only when classes are in session.
⁷Only stops at Orono Research Park during weekday rush hours, along with bypassing Old Town and Old Town Plaza via College Ave. (except the 5:45 AM run departing from Memorial Union)
Black Bear Orono Express
Buses running on this route only operate when classes at the University of Maine are in session. In addition to not running on the observed holidays above, it also does not run during Columbus Break, Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break and throughout the summer season.
|Destinations||Days of Operation|
|Mill & Pleasant Sts., Orchard Trails Dr., Rec Center, Memorial Union, University Mall*, Orono Research Park*||Monday-Saturday|
*Only stops at these locations on Saturdays.
Note: Does not apply to riding buses on the Black Bear Orono Express route, which is free to all customers.
|Children under 12 with adult||75¢|
|Student Monthly Pass²||$20.00|
|Student with EMCC ID, Husson University ID, NESCOM ID or University of Maine ID||Free|
|Seniors and People with Disable Pass||75¢|
¹Available at vendors in Bangor and the surrounding areas.
²Only available at the Bangor City Hall and the Community Connector Office.
Community Connector Office
- Address: 475 Maine Ave., Bangor, ME 04401
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (207) 992-4670
|2006||Blue Bird||Ultra LF||Ex-Lewiston-Auburn Transit Committee 0604.|
- City of Bangor - BAT Community Connector (BAT), National Transit Database. Retrieved on June 5, 2017.
- Public Transit Advisory Council - May 16, 2017 (pgs. 45-47), Maine.gov. Retrieved on July 2017.
- For Students, City of Bangor.
- Locations to buy bus tickets, City of Bangor.
- Finance Committee Agenda - June 5, 2017 (pg. 16), City of Bangor, Maine. Retireved on June 2, 2017
- Finance Committee - June 5, 2017 (video time: 0:16:17-0:21:55), City of Bangor, Maine. Retireved on June 6, 2017
- City Council Agenda - September 11, 2017 (PDF pg. 10), City of Bangor, Maine. Retrieved on September 12, 2017.
- City Council Meeting - Sep, 11 2017 (video time: 37:11-41:40), townhallstreams.com. Retrieved on September 12, 2017.