Flxible F2D Models
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Flxible F2D Models|
|Years of manufacture||1961 to 1968|
|Length||31, 33, 35 & 40 feet|
The Flxible F2D models are a series of American transit buses built from 1961 to 1968. They are part of the first generation of "New Look" buses produced by Flxible.
Model designation is as follows:
- F: manufactured by Flxible (this dates back to when Flxible purchased the Twin Coach's transit bus line).
- 2: 102-inch wide bus
- D: diesel engine.
- 47: Detroit Diesel 4-71, 6V: Detroit Diesel 6V-71 engine, 6V5: 6V-71 engine and built in Evergreen, AL, 6VT: 6V-71 engine with a T-drive transmission, or V8C: Cummins 165-285 engine.
- -31: 31-foot, -33: 33-foot, -35: 35-foot, or -40: 40-foot.
- 1: transversely mounted engine.
- -1: transit bus or -7: suburban bus.
- -UL: under-floor luggage bays
- -AC: air conditioning
- Cummins 165-285
- Detroit Diesel 4-71
- Detroit Diesel 6V71N
- Cedar Rapids Transit - Cedar Rapids, IA
- Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago, IL
- Continental Air Transport - Chicago, IL
- Detroit Street Railway - Detroit, MI
- King County Metro Transit - Seattle, WA
- Memphis Transit Authority - Memphis, TN
- New Orleans Public Service - New Orleans, LA
- Ohio State University Campus Area Bus Service - OH
- San Mateo County Transit District - San Mateo County, CA
- St. Louis Metro - St. Louis, MO
- Terminal Island Transit - Terminal Island, CA
- Triboro Coach Corporation - NY
- TriMet - Portland, OR
- University of Michigan - MI
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses.
|51269||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||
|51270||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||
|51271||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||
|51897||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||
|51943||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||
|Year||Thumbnail||Serial||Original owner||Fleet number||Current owner|
|1962||51509||Southern California Rapid Transit District||5808||Private owner.|
|1963||51830||King County Metro||598||MEHVA|
|1964||52203||Metropolitan Transportation Authority||5117||Metropolitan Transportation Authority|