MiWay route 4 'Sherway Gardens'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 4 Sherway Gardens is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
The route operates in an east-west fashion, primarily serving various residential areas between the Queen Elizabeth Way and Dundas Street. It provides service to the Cooksville, Erindale, and Lakeview neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 4 Sherway Gardens (Monday to Sunday)
- October 20, 2003 – Route designated as a fully accessible route, with low floor buses used at all times.
- September 5, 2005 – Route renamed to 4 'Sherway Gardens' from 4 'Applewood'.
- May 22, 2007 – West end routing modified removing service from The Queensway west of Huron Park Recreation Centre and the loop along Old Carriage Road, Dundas Street, and Glengarry Road. Route now uses Mavis Road and Dundas Street, still terminating at Glengarry Road and Dundas Street. To accommodate the new routing, a bus loop is constructed at the south exit of Huron Park Recreation Centre.
- April 27, 2015 – Route modified to serve Paisley Boulevard between Confederation Parkway and Mavis Road, replacing route 38 service. The route begins serving Dixie Mall Bus Terminal in both directions (previously eastbound only). Due to space constraints, the stop at Trillium Hospital is moved to a on street stop on The Queensway. Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 22 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 36 minutes from 48 minutes; weekday evening frequency is 45 minutes; Saturday all day frequency increased to 33 minutes from 48 minutes. New Sunday service is introduced with 45 minute frequency from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- January 2, 2017 – Route modified to serve King Street between Hurontario Street and Camilla Road. Weekday midday frequency increased to 25 minutes from 36 minutes.
- July 2, 2018 – Sunday all day frequency increased to 33 minutes from 45 minutes.
- December 7, 2020 – Westbound limited service to Huron Park is removed due to reduced passenger demand. Eastbound service continues to operate through Huron Park.
- April 26, 2021 – Due to the elimination of route 91, the western-end of the route is revised to terminate at Cooksville GO Station operating via Hillcrest Avenue. Service to Glengarry Road and Cedarglen Gate is removed.