New Flyer Industries DE60LFR
|New Flyer DE60LFR|
|Years of manufacture||2007 to 2013|
The New Flyer Industries DE60LFR is the restyled version of the DE60LF model from New Flyer Industries. It features a curved front end, as well as a smoother rear end with recessed taillights. The majority of the bus remains the same.
Aesthetic and design changes
In addition to the changes made to the general New Flyer Industries Restyled design, the DE40LFR received changes unique to hybrid models.
Soon after production began, New Flyer introduced a restyled low-profile enclosure for the DE60LF like that used on their other hybrid buses. The Hamilton Street Railway was the first in Canada to receive this option on their 2009 order.
Early models featured a ribbed access door (resembling fake vents) on the rear HVAC unit, however, beginning in 2008 with the Maryland Transit Administration order, a smooth rear HVAC access door option became available.
A batch of 20 DE60LFRs were delivered in April 2010 to TheBus of Honolulu with the roof fairing that is used on the E40LFR with the housing of the batteries and HVAC used on the BRT models. The roof assembly curves down to the roof just at the end of the battery pack. This follows an order of DE40LFRs with the same roof treatment delivered to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority in March 2010. Sound Transit has also selected this option for their first DE60LFR order.
- Cummins ISL9 EPA 2010, 8.9L, 330 hp (2010-2013)
- Cummins ISL EPA 2007, 8.9L, 330 hp (2007-2009)
- Caterpillar C9 EPA 2004, 8.8L, 330 hp (early 2007)
- ACQ Pressure Preserved Plywood subfloor
- Altro Transflor
- 2x Thermo King roof mounted (one on each section) (2010-present)
- Thermo King R-5 roof mounted on tractor section and T-11 rear mounted on trailer section (2007-2009)
- Coast Mountain Bus Company - Metro Vancouver, BC
- Hamilton Street Railway - Hamilton, ON
- Halifax Transit - Halifax, NS
- ABQ RIDE - Albuquerque, NM
- Blacksburg Transit - Blacksburg, VA
- Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) - Lansing, MI
- Champaign Urbana Mass Transit District - Champaign/Urbana, IL
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) - Chicago, IL and vicinity
- Crystal Transport - Brighton, MA
- Greater Lafayette Public Transportation Corporation (CityBus) - Lafayette & Tippecanoe County, IN
- King County Metro Transit (KCM) - Seattle & King County
- Lane Transit District (LTD) - Eugene & Lane County, OR
- Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) - Baltimore, MD
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) - Boston, MA
- New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA) - New Orleans, LA
- Ocean City Beach Bus - Ocean City, MD
- Sound Transit - Snohomish, King & Pierce Counties, WA
- TheBus - Honolulu, HI
- Valley Metro - Phoenix/Tempe, AZ
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrators and engineering buses.
|2008/2009||Cummins ISL||Allison EP50|
|New Flyer Industries|