New Flyer Industries XE60
|Years of manufacture||2017 to present|
|Seating capacity||61 max|
The New Flyer Industries XE60 is a battery-electric articulated transit bus from New Flyer's Xcelsior line. On a full charge, the bus has a range of up to 153 miles. The XE40 can be charged enroute with an OppCharge-compliant rapid charger or for extended down periods with a Combined Charging System plug-in charger. Both systems are supplied by Siemens. Unlike New Flyer's other articulated Xcelsior buses, the XE60's center axle is powered in addition to its rearmost axle, improving traction.
The XE60 was introduced as part of New Flyer’s next generation of battery-electric buses at the 2017 American Public Transportation Association EXPO in Atlanta, Georgia. On a full charge, the bus had a range of up to 217 kilometres (135 miles).
A new generation of electric Xcelsior buses was launched in early 2021. With higher capacity batteries and improved packaging, the XE60 CHARGE NG has a range of up to 153 miles with 525 kilowatt hour battery. The CHARGE NG also uses Siemens ELFA 3 traction system.
|Wheelbase: 229" front, 292" rear|
|Turning radius: 44'|
|Propulsion Control System||Availability|
|Siemens ELFA 2 Drive System||2017 to 2021|
|Siemens ELFA 3 Drive System||2021 onward|
|Siemens 1DB2016-1NB06 |
ZF AVE130 in-wheel motor center drive axle
|Front: MAN VOK-07-F|
|Middle: ZF AVE 130-NF1|
|Rear: MAN HY-1350-F|
|Knorr SN7000 Disc Brakes (Front/Rear); SB7000 Disc Brakes (Middle)|
|Rear: Thermo King TE15-M3|
|Roof: Thermo King RLFE2C-M1|
|RH Sheppard M110 Auto Hydraulic Steering|
|Parker Vansco multiplex|
|Composite subfloor at rear interior step with ACQ Plywood remainder|
|Altro Transflor, Gerflor Tarabus, RCA rubber, Treadflex flooring|
|Wheels & Tires|
|Alcoa Durabright EVO 22.5"|
|Michelin/X incity 305/70R22.5|
|Manufacturer||Capacity||Nominal range||Standard charge time||Availability|
|213 kWh||55 miles||6 min rapid charge||2017 to 2021|
|267 kWh||70 miles||6 min rapid charge|
|320 kWh||85 miles||6 min rapid charge|
|466 kWh||135 miles||3.2 hours long range|
|525 kWh||153 miles||3.8 hours long charge||2021 onward|
- Blacksburg Transit - Blacksburg, VA
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority - Austin, TX
- DASH (Alexandria Transit Company) - Alexandria, VA
- Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) - Detroit, MI (on order)
- King County Metro - Seattle, WA
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA) - Los Angeles, CA
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) - Boston, MA
- Metro Transit - Minneapolis and Saint Paul, MN
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority - New York City, NY
- New Jersey Transit - Maplewood, NJ (on order)
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses.
|1903-P||June 2017||5FYB8YJ0XHB051875||ZF AVE130 in-wheel motor
- New Flyer Xcelsior CHARGE NG brochure. New Flyer Industries, October 2021.
- New Flyer Xcelsior CHARGE brochure. New Flyer Industries, June 2019.
|New Flyer Industries|