Nova Bus LFSe+
|Nova Bus LFSe+|
|Years of manufacture||2020 to present|
The Nova Bus LFSe+ is a battery-electric powered transit bus sold in Canada and the United States. The long-range compliment to the LFSe, the LFSe+ has a 594 kilowatt-hour battery capacity offering a range of between 340 and 470 kilometres. It can be charged via a pantograph that is lowered from a charging station or with a CCS type 1 J1772 plug-in charger.
The LFSe+ was launched on October 14, 2019 at the American Public Transportation Association TRANSform Conference in New York City. On January 26, 2021, Nova Bus announced their first order for the LFSe+. TransLink of Vancouver, British Columbia will take 15 LFSe+ buses, which will compliment the two short range LFSe buses they acquired in 2019.
|Length: 40' / 12.2m|
|Width: 102" / 2.6m|
|Height: 129.6" / 3.3m|
|Wheelbase: 244" / 6.20m|
|Turning radius: 40' 10" / 12.45m|
|BAE Systems HDS200 Series-EV 200 kW, 5200 Nm|
|Modular battery system, up to 594 kWh|
|Overhead J3105 450 kW, 35 kWh boost in 6 minutes, fully charged in <3.25 hours|
|Plugin CCS Type 1 J1772 150 kW, fully charged in <3.25 hours|
|ZF RL 82 A|
|ZF AV 133|
|Disc brakes w/ ABS & regenerative braking|
|MCC Eco 136e|
|Volvo Bus Electronic Architecture|
|Composite subfloor w/ Altro Transflor or Gerflor Tarabus floors|
- Coast Mountain Bus Company - Metro Vancouver, BC
- Durham Region Transit (DRT) - Durham Region, ON (on order)
- Grand River Transit (GRT) - Waterloo Region, ON (on order)
- Guelph Transit, Guelph, ON (on order)
- Halifax Transit - Halifax, NS (on order)
- Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) - Longueuil, QC (on order)
- Réseau de transport de la Capitale - Quebec, QC
- Société de transport de l'Outaouais - Gatineau, QC (on order)
- Société de transport de Sherbrooke - Sherbrooke, QC (on order)
- Société de transport de Trois-Rivières - Trois-Rivières, QC (on order)
- Broome County Transit - Binghamton, NY (on order)
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) - Houston, TX (on order)
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) - New York, NY (on order)
- Milwaukee County Transit System - Milwaukee, WI
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) - San Francisco, CA (on order)
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) - Washington, DC (on order)
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses using electric configurations.
|N/A||2021||2NVYL82J4M3752976||Altoona test bus|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Nova Bus introduces the LFSe+, a new long-range electric bus with dual charging options. Press release. Nova Bus. 14 October 2019.
- ↑ "TransLink selects Nova Bus for 15 electric buses LFSe+; further expanding low emission mobility in Vancouver communities." Press release. Nova Bus. 26 January 2021.