Orlando Transit Company
The Orlando Transit Company was the original transit system in Orlando. It provided bus service in the Orlando area from 1932 to 1972 and was operated by Sidney Swope Jr. and his wife, Jean Swope.
The company started in 1932 with only four buses. Jean took over the company after her husband passed away in 1963. A bus terminal opened in 1964 and was used up until 1985 by OTC's predecessor, Tri County Transit.
In 1972, Orange-Seminole-Osceola Transportation Authority (now Lynx) formed and took over service across Orlando. The Orlando Transit Company became Gray Line Sightseeing Tours. It owned 100 buses, vans, and limousines at it's peak, until Jean sold the company in 1984 and retired. The company was bought by what is Airocar Inc., who renumbered the buses.