People Mover (Anchorage)
|Anchorage People Mover|
|Start of Operations:||1974|
The People Mover is the sole public transportation agency in Anchorage, Alaska. With 52 buses and 14 routes, it is also Alaska's largest public transit agency.
People Mover began operations on July 1st, 1974.
Maps & Schedules
Note: Bus service does not run on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
- 1 Crosstown - Muldoon Transfer Center to Dimond Transit Center
- 2 Lake Otis - Dimond Transit Center to Downtown Transit Center via Lake Otis Pkwy. and 36th Ave.
- 3 Northern Lights - Centennial Village to Downtown Transit Center via Muldoon Transfer Center
- 7A Spenard/Airport - Dimond Transit Center to Downtown Transit Center via Northwood St., Strawberry Rd., Jewel Lake Rd., and Anchorage International Airport
- 7J Spenard/Airport - Dimond Transit Center to Downtown Transit Center via 88th Ave., Raspberry Rd., Collins Way, and Anchorage International Airport (only serves the airport during Monday-Friday nights and weekends.)
- 8 Northway - Muldoon Transfer Center to Downtown Transit Center via Turpin St., Boniface Pkwy., Commercial Dr., and 3rd Ave.
- 9 Arctic - Dimond Transit Center to Downtown Transit Center via Arctic St.
- 13 University/Hospitals - Muldoon Transfer Center to Downtown Transit Center via Alaska Native Medical Center and Alaska Regional Hospital
- 14 Government Hill - Loop route to/from Downtown Transit Center via Government Hill
- 15 15th Ave/Debarr - Muldoon Transfer Center to Downtown Transit Center via Debarr Rd. and 15th Ave.
- 36 36th Ave/West Anchorage - Alaska Pacific University to Downtown Transit Center
- 45 Mountain View - Alaska Native Medical Center to Downtown Transit Center via Northway Mall
- 60 Old Seward - Huffman Business Park to Downtown Transit Center via Dimond Transit Center
- 75 Tudor - Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic to Downtown Transit Center via Muldoon Transfer Center
- 102 Eagle River/Chugiak (Mon-Fri, am & pm rush-hour) - Chickadee St. & Eastside Dr. to Alaska Native Medical Center via Downtown Transit Center and University of Alaska Anchorage
- Address: 3600 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Anchorage, AK 99507
- E-mail: Visit https://www.muni.org/soundoff/pages/default.aspx?ct=Site%20Feedback&did=Public%20Transportation to submit them an e-mail.
- Customer Service 907-343-4042
- Office 907-563-2206
- Customer Service 907-343-6543
- Office 907-343-8402
|60251-60268||2008||NFI||D40LF||Cummins ISL||Replacements for 1995 units|
|60269-60283||2010||NFI||D40LFR||Cummins ISL9||Replacements for some 1998 series units|
|TBD||TBD||Proterra||Catalyst E2||UQM HD220
|Eaton EEV 7202||On trial for 4 months|
- New People Mover Buses Hitting Anchorage Streets, muni.org, retrieved 08-11-2010
- New Public Transportation Vehicles Hitting Anchorage Streets ,muni.org, retrieved 08-11-2010
- First Electric Bus Arrives in Anchorage for Four-Month Trial Period, http://www.masstransitmag.com, retrieved 15-01-2018