Toronto Transit Commission route 13 'Avenue Rd'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Distance||11.92km (Eglinton Station - Queen's Park)|
13.39km (Eglinton Station - Gerrard)
|Types of vehicles used||Orion VII NG/NG HEV/EPA10 .|
13 Avenue Rd is a bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route services Avenue Road south of Lonsdale Road. It also provides service on Oriole Parkway south of Eglinton Avenue and Queens Park Crescent. There is one northern terminal, which is Eglinton Station. Southern terminals include Queen's Park Crescent for 13A and Gerrard Street for 13B. Branch 13B only operates during the midday on weekdays.
This route has 2 branches:
- 5 Eglinton Station - Queen's Park (end 2014)
- 5A Queen's Park - St. Clair (Short-Turn) (end 1963)
- 5A Queen's Park - Lonsdale (Short-Turn) (end 1985)
- 5B Front - St. Clair (end 1963)
- 5B Eglinton Station - Front (Night and Sunday/Holiday service, start 1968, end 1978)
- 5B Davisville Station - Queen's Park (Start 1985, end 1989)
- 5C Eglinton Station - Gerrard (start 1982, end 2014)
- 5C Eglinton Station - Front (end 1963)
- March 30, 1954 - Route begins operation. Route runs along Avenue Road from Queen's Park to Hillsdale.
- April 26, 1954 - Northern loop segment extended to Eglinton and Soudan.
- September 13, 1954 - Southern segment extended along University Avenue to Front Street for rush hour service.
- August 1955 - Northern short-turn loop moved to Lonsdale and Oriole.
- May 15, 1956 to December 15, 1956 - Looping inside Davisville Station halts due to construction of TTC Headquarters.
- February 28, 1963 - PM rush hour service south of Queen's Park ends.
- May 21, 1963 - Northern short-turn loop moved to Heath, Forest Hill and Lonsdale.
- June 23, 1968 - Southern segment extended back to Front Street, service after University subway closes and all day Sunday and Holidays.
- January 28, 1978 - Service south of Queen's Park ends due to evening and Sunday service implemented on subway.
- January 4, 1982 - Midday weekday loop service added south of Queen's Park at Elm, Elizabeth and Gerrard.
- March 24, 1985 - Loop service to Gerrard improved to seven days a week, all day except for rush hours.
- April 22, 1985 - Short-turn loop (AM) extended to Davisville Station.
- April 19, 1987 - Service to Gerrard limited to weekday middays only.
- November 26, 1989 - Northern section rerouted to service Oriole to Eglinton, ending at Eglinton Station. Short-turn service (AM) ends.
- January 3, 1993 - Regular service to Gerrard loop resumes.
- February 18, 1996 - Due to system-wide cuts, service is removed after 10pm.
- November 23, 2008 - Moved to the newly-opened Mount Dennis Division. Route service extended to 1:00am.
- May 9, 2011 - Moved to Wilson Division.
- May 9, 2011 - Due to system-wide cuts, service is removed after 10pm on weekdays and after 7pm on weekends.
- June 22, 2014 - Branch 5 to Queen's Park has been changed to 5A due to a system-wide reorganization of route branch designations.
- September 6, 2015 - Due to a system-wide improvement, all evening services are restored. All service operates to 1:00am.
- June 20, 2021 - To prevent duplication of numbering with Line 5, route 5 is renumbered to route 13.
Overnight service is not provided, however, this route operates until 1:00 AM every day.
Buses that can appear on 13 Avenue Rd include Orion VII NG/NG HEV/EPA10 .
Previous route maps
|Oriole Pkwy @ Eglinton Ave.||13A||13B|
|Oriole Pkwy @ Chaplin Cres.||13A||13B|
|Avenue Rd. @ St Clair Ave. W.||13A||13B|
|Avenue Rd. @ Davenport Rd.||13A||13B|
|Queen's Park @ Charles St.||13A||13B||Services Museum Station.|
|Queen's Park @ College St.||13A||13B|
|University Ave. @ College St.||13B||Services Queen's Park Station.|
|Elm St. @ University Ave. E.||13B||Walking connection to Toronto Coach Terminal.|
|Oriole Pkwy @ Eglinton Ave.||5||5B||5C||5C|
|Oriole Pkwy @ Chaplin Cres.||5||5B||5B||5C||5C|
|Forest Hill & Lonsdale||5A||5B|
|Avenue Rd. @ St Clair Ave. W.||5||5A||5A||5B||5B||5B||5C||5C|
|Avenue Rd. @ Davenport Rd.||5||5A||5A||5B||5B||5B||5C||5C|
|Queen's Park @ Charles St.||5||5A||5A||5B||5B||5B||5C||5C||Services Museum Station.|
|Queen's Park @ College St.||5||5A||5A||5B||5B||5B||5C||5C|
|University Ave. @ College St.||5B||5B||5C||5C||Services Queen's Park Station.|
|Elm St. @ University Ave. E.||5B||5B||5C||5C||Walking connection to Toronto Coach Terminal.|
|Front St. @ University Ave. E.||5B||5B||5C||Walking connection to Toronto Union Station.|
- https://transit.toronto.on.ca/bus/routes/5-avenue-road.shtml TransitToronto. Retrieved 15 February 2018.