- 1 Guelph Transit
- 2 Standardization
- 3 Photographic Images
- 4 User page
- 5 Recently uploaded images
- 6 Fleet Rosters
- 7 St.Catharines Transit 1988 MCI Classics
- 8 Timmins Transit
- 9 Image:Sarnia_Transit_922.jpg
- 10 Photo quality
- 11 Removing content from talk pages
- 12 Photo standards
- 13 Coloured Fleet Roster tables
Please use the preview option when editing a page to see how the page appears before saving it. I noticed that you recently edited Guelph Transit but the code for the bottom of the table was missing, it should be '|}', so that the external links section became part of the table. If you have any question about how to edit tables might I suggest seeing how other tables are coded, or if that doesn't help feel free to ask one of the Wiki moderators such as myself. D40LF 10:07, 19 September 2007 (PDT)
- Please stop saving your edits without previewing them first by using the Show preview button at the bottom of the screen, next to the Save page button, as you recently did in Niagara Parks Commission page. D40LF 13:13, 20 September 2007 (PDT)
Please be advised that there is now a CPTDB Wiki policy regarding photographs that are uploaded. Please take a minute to review them at CPTDB Wiki:Photographs. This policy states that all photos are to be titled with the transit agency and fleet number, that there are to be no thumbnails, and that there is mention of the use of copyrighted photos. Thankyou. D40LF 08:23, 25 September 2007 (PDT)
- Please don't load thumbnails, they will be deleted. D40LF 08:36, 25 September 2007 (PDT)
- If you try to upload to large an image it will advise you that you image is too large, at that point just shrink the image a little more and try again (for example my images are shrank to 30% of their original size so that they can be uploaded, your percantage may vary. As you have already guessed once uploaded the size then can be shrunk to fit into a roster by putting 128px in the code. For example
Image:Mississauga Transit 0734.JPG|128px
- The original image is still large enough to be used elsewhere but on the roster it is small enough to be included. By the way PDT means 'Pacific Daylight Time' D40LF 11:23, 25 September 2007 (PDT)
- No thumbnails are to be loaded. Please wait until you have some large photos to upload. D40LF 07:36, 26 September 2007 (PDT)
I have blanked your personal page as fantasy fleets are not allowed on the wiki. Please refrain from adding such things to the wiki. D40LF 08:38, 15 October 2007 (PDT)
Recently uploaded images
I have deleted a number of your recently uploaded images as they were thumbnails. As per photograph policy no thumbnails are to be uploaded. I am also concerned about the source of these photographs as they are clearly taken from another website, with watermark clearly visible. Can you please provide proof that this photos are on the wiki with the permission of the copyright holder or they will be deleted. Thanks. D40LF 11:52, 29 October 2007 (PDT)
- Did you get permission from Kevin to upload those Cape Breton shots? Also just to let you know people are now uploading image with the suffix a, or b etc so that more than one photo of a bus can be uploaded. For example 'Kingston Transit 5609-a' D40LF 07:11, 30 October 2007 (PDT)
- Ok then. But can I ask that you re-upload them with an '-a' after the bus number, ie 'Cape Breton Transit 7059-a'. Then I will delete the old ones. D40LF 07:15, 30 October 2007 (PDT)
My comment was that there is no need to announce what rosters have been created. In addition your actions made it look like as if you created these pages. D40LF 06:25, 2 November 2007 (PDT)
St.Catharines Transit 1988 MCI Classics
Please stop changing the 1988 St.Catharines Classics from MCI to GM. They were built by Motor Coach Industries, not General Motors. D40LF 12:42, 2 November 2007 (PDT)
- Simple. When I created the table I just cut and paste the previous entry, which was a 1984 Orion III and forgot to edit a few things, like the date, and the link. Both of which are now fixed. It also proves the point of needing to proofread ones edits better! D40LF 21:57, 5 November 2007 (PST)
The rosters have been moved to new pages, for now they can be found under the heading vehicles. D40LF 07:15, 14 November 2007 (PST)
Please do not replace existing images with those of lesser quality. You must review the photo quality section before uploading any new photos. If you continue to ignore these guidelines, you will have your editing privlages revoked.--A. Badaraco 13:48, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- This issue has been brought up again. Please review the photo quality & photo name sections.--Kevin L 00:11, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
Removing content from talk pages
Please do not remove content from your talk page, this is not acceptable on wikis. D40LF 01:40, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
You recently replaced my photo of Guelph 177 with one of yours.
1) Your photo was given the same file name as mine. That is a violation of the photo standards which requires new photos to be -b, -c etc.
2) Photo standards state that front views of vehicles are preferred. Yet you replaced a perfectly good photo with a rear-view.
After your recent suspension of editing privileges, I would have expected better. 21c123 02:16 UTC June 27th, 2013
Coloured Fleet Roster tables
I noticed that you've changed the formatting of the fleet roster tables on the Milton Transit and Guelph Transit Commission pages by adding coloured boxes. Coloured roster tables was experimented with about 6 years ago (with the Milton page also being the test example), and was largely rejected by fellow Wiki editors.
I also don't understand your previous edits to add the bicycle symbol underneath the fleet number of every unit on a page, especially when every unit in the series is equipped with one. A single sentence at the top of the page stating all units are equipped with bicycle racks, or had racks installed at a certain date would suffice. This eliminates redundancy, and clears up a lot of clutter in the tables.
Sorry about that I had no idea the colour formatting was used before. I thought it looked different and was planning to revert them back as soon as I had returned home. Again i do apologize.