User talk:D40LF - Archives 1
This page is archived. To leave me a message please click here
- 1 Transitstar
- 2 Mississauga Transit 0601-0653
- 3 Delete files
- 4 D60
- 5 Metro Transit retired fleet roster
- 6 Adding pics
- 7 Deleted image
- 8 Page Name Change
- 9 TTC route names
- 10 MT reverts
- 11 Pics
- 12 Guelph Christmas buses
- 13 Fleet Rosters
- 14 St Cathrines Transit
- 15 NFTA-Metro
- 16 Abouttown Transportation
- 17 Timmins Transit
- 18 Deleted Page
- 19 York Region Transit
- 20 Photo filenames
- 21 Deletions Required
- 22 Plurals
- 23 Concerning Viva units
- 24 YRT 8924
You are more than deserving of your creation! Thanks for all your hard work on the wiki. =)
Mississauga Transit 0601-0653
I disagree. I will be contributing to that field, and have larger plans, of which you are not yet aware. Check your PM inbox on CPTDB.
Is it possible for me to delete a thumbnail I uploaded?
Thanks. I will replace it with the better one I selected.
D60, just like D40. When the D40 started production, there was no such thing as the D40LF, therefore nothing to differentiate. I think we (on the board) just use 'HF' to differentiate, but the builders' plates definitely said D60.
- No problem. I never understood either, until I saw someone's old picture of the builders' plate.
Metro Transit retired fleet roster
I noticed you merged the Metro Transit retired fleet roster page into the main Metro Transit article. I created the separate page for a reason: I think all of that information makes the main Metro Transit article too bloated and cluttered looking. It should be in a separate article. Let me know your thoughts on this issue, but I very firmly believe they should be separate. --Hfx_chris 05:14, 24 July 2007 (PDT)
- Thanks for the suggestion. I figured at first there wouldn't be enough information on, say Dartmouth Transit to create a separate article, but now that I think of it I can bang out something worthy of at least stub status :oP. Thanks for the corrections to the roster by the way, I was just cut and pasting model numbers and manufacturers and forgot to change some of them to Old Look. I'm also still working on the Nova Scotia Light & Power Company roster, as it has some incomplete information. --Hfx_chris 06:51, 24 July 2007 (PDT)
- While we're at it, I might as well just request that you delete the Metro Transit retired fleet roster article altogether, as it serves no purpose anymore, since I'll be creating separate articles. --Hfx_chris 06:54, 24 July 2007 (PDT)
- Third edit... I'm curious to get your opinion on this. If I'm going to do separate articles, what do you think I should use for names? For instance, the city of Dartmouth's transit system has gone by three different names over the years: Bell Buses Ltd, Dartmouth Transit Service Buses Ltd, and Dartmouth Transit (I don't have the dates on me). Do you think I should pick the most recent name, the first name, or the most commonly used/most recognizable name (as per Wikipedia policies)? --Hfx_chris 06:59, 24 July 2007 (PDT)
So if I want to add pics to Sarnia I have to click to get the larger image than save it upload it than put it on Sarnia ie:Image:ST013.JPG|128px. Now since the picture is large I have to put 128px on the end of the image code to make the image smaller right? --Orion4 02:10, 25 Sept 2007 (Don`t know what PDT means)
So you want me to try and put them on Sarnia? 02:30, 25 Sept 2007 (PDT)
Is it all right if I put thumbnails for Guelph? I will have some photos for Guelph soon --Orion4 10:20 26 Sept 2007
OOPs I don`t mean thumbnails I mean the right sized photos. --Orion4 10:40 26 Sept 2007
Just to let you know I have added 4 pics 2 to Guelph and 2 to London. Don`t worry I got permission from A. Wong, M. Parsons and from Kevin_N. --Orion4 01:00 27 Sept 2007
I have added 1 pic to Elliott Lake Transit (I asked to ues the photo) --Orion4 11:30 AM 01 Oct 2007
Just to let you know, RTC.jpg, an image you deleted as being "unused", was being used on Réseau de transport de la Capitale. I added it to the page after you added it to the IFD page, but in the future, you may want to double-check the image usage before you delete them. Regards, Halifax_Route10 11:13, 8 October 2007 (PDT)
Page Name Change
I need a pages name to be changed again. I just made a page called "TTC Route 308 'Finch East'" without noticing and I need the name to be changed to "Toronto Transit Commission route 308 'Finch East'". Thank you in advance. Wil9402 10:19, 21 October 2007 (EDT)
TTC route names
I disagree with the reedits done on the Garage pages. The technical route names for all the routes on the TTC system is (as an example) 10 Van Horne, not 10 'Van Horne'. Any literature you see regarding TTC routes (i.e. system maps, schedules, route summaries, etc.) name them as 10 Van Horne without appostrophies. When talking about routes, you verbally say 10 Van Horne, route 10 or the Van Horne bus, not 10 quote Van Horne quote. There are no naming conventions regarding route names in links, only in route history page titles. As well, the Blue Night routes do not have 'Blue Night' in their names, and as above the name is 309 Finch West, not 309 'Finch West Blue Night'. All above arguments above apply here as well. The Blue Night routes are classified as Blue Night routes, not each individual route being named a Blue Night route. The 3xx number already signifies that it is a Blue Night route. YRTeen 12:37, 27 October 2007 (PDT)
- As per the Naming Conventions page, there are no rules standardizing the links. As well, the list of routes are just that; a list of routes operated by the garage, with each also having a link to the route history for that specific route. The list is meant to provide a list of the routes the garage operates, not a list of the routes' names. YRTeen 14:35, 27 October 2007 (PDT)
No problem. I was scratching my head when i saw it. I'll ask him about it. Orion VIII 20:41, 27 October 2007 (PDT)
WOOPS Sorry. Orion 4 15:05, Oct 29 2007.
Yes I E-Mailed him yesterday. Orion 4 Oct 30 2007 11:15
Guelph Christmas buses
So if I put down the transit name, do you want me to put down who created it? Orion 4 14:47, Nov 1 2007.
St Cathrines Transit
Well why does it say '1984' MCI TC40-102N Classic?
Can you move the existing "NFTA Metro" page to "NFTA-Metro" please? Thanks! Orion VIII 11:43, 6 November 2007 (PST)
What happened to the Timmins Transit roster? Orion 4 10:10, 14 November 2007
I wasn't on my usual computer, and planned to get rid of it this evening.
Can you restore the page so I can get my code I had going, please? You can delete it right after I've got it. Thanks, Orion VIII 16:41, 4 December 2007 (PST)
- Done! Orion VIII 14:28, 5 December 2007 (PST)
York Region Transit
Ok. I posted it on the Admin Notice board to put it out to any and all admins (not sure if you were still the only one or not). Tell me when you'd be able to change the titles and I can help by editing links on the templates and other pages. YRTeen 08:04, 8 December 2007 (PST)
- Just a caution when doing the YRT pages: Some of the pages were created in the 'grey zone' time when the standards were coming out and being refined, and may be named like "York Region Transit Route...". There are some other mistakes in pages (like York region Transit route 522 'Markham Community Bus'). If you could correct these too that would be greatly appreciated.
It seems we agreed (how about it! :P) on using the "Mississauga Transit 0704-a.JPG" format, I think you should add it to the naming conventions, lots of TTC buses are about to pop up on here, and things could get confusing without the suffix. Orion VIII 14:52, 17 December 2007 (PST)
Greetings! I require the deletion of three images I uploaded with error in regards to the uploading protocol of this wiki, thanks and my apologies for the inconvenience.
- Enzo Aquarius 20:25, 26 December 2007 (PST)
- Thanks! - Enzo Aquarius 14:01, 27 December 2007 (PST)
You should not have reverted my edits of this afternoon.
Take for example:
MT 0101-0114 are Orion 07.501s built in 2001.
That can be replaced with:
The buses are Orion 07.501s built in 2001.
Without the s, the replaced sentence would be grammatically incorrect:
The buses are Orion 07.501 built in 2001.
Orion VIII 14:20, 12 January 2008 (PST)
Concerning Viva units
I assume the reason that they're on the same page is because of how VIVA is very closely linked with YRT - same fares, etc.
You will have to ask "Mirokulol" or "YRTeen" since they are the people that designed the fleet roster; I'm not too sure myself. D. Yip 08:26, 13 January 2008 (PST)
I've just uploaded a new photo of a YRT D40 - 8924. D. Yip 08:28, 13 January 2008 (PST)