Kingston Transit route 14
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of Buses Used||D40LF/R XD40 LFS|
Route 14 is an accessible local/feeder route operated by Kingston Transit in the city of Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
This route runs in a clockwise loop, connecting the community of Cataraqui North with the main network.
This route serves Cataraqui Centre, the Kingston Gospel Temple Park & Ride, and the RioCan Centre. The route runs mainly on Crossfield Avenue, Waterloo Drive, and Taylor-Kidd Boulevard.
This route has one branch:
- 14 - Loop via Crossfield Avenue, Waterloo Drive, and Taylor-Kidd Boulevard
Evening and Sunday runs interline with route 6.
Route 14 was originally numbered/named route A. Prior to the 2013 service changes it served the Invista Centre as well as the Kingston Railway station. Sometime before 2012, the Invista Centre portion of the route was taken over by route 7.
In September 2013, a major re-alignment of Kingston Transit's routes took place. Route A was restructured to provide a continuous loop without stopping at the train station, and was re-numbered to route 14. Service has remained steady since.
Originally operated by cutaway vehicles from Monday to Saturday, this was discontinued in mid-2018 in favor of full-sized (40ft) buses.
- Cataraqui Centre: Connection to routes 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 15, 501, 502, 701, 702.
- Gardiners Road/Cataraqui Woods Drive: Connection to route 7.
- Kingston Gospel Temple Park and Ride: Connection to routes 4, 7, 501, 502.
- Princess Street/Taylor-Kidd Boulevard: Closest stop to Kingston VIA Rail station. Connection to routes 4, 7, 16, 18.
- Taylor-Kidd Boulevard: Connection to route 11.
|Local||1 2 3 4 6 7 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 18 20|
|Express||501 502 601 602 701 702 801 802|
|Local||1A 4A 6R 8 9 12A 19 20 21 22 A B C|
|Terminals||Bus Terminal - Cataraqui Centre - Downtown - Gardiners Centre - Kingston Centre - Train Station|