Stewart and Stevenson
Stewart and Stevenson is a manufacturer of military vehicles and equipment related to the oil industry. Its military vehicle division became a part of BAE Systems in 2007, while its oil equipment division was acquired by Hushang Ansary in 2006 and operates as Stewart & Stevenson LLC.
For a brief stint from the late 1980's to early 1990's, S&S manufactured transit buses. Their chassis were imported from Brazil and re-manufactured for the American Market. The most notable model was the Apollo T-40.
In 2006, S&S partnered with New Flyer Industries to create the NFI-S&S DE40i hybrid "Invero" transit bus. While the majority of the bus was built by NFI, S&S was responsible for installing the GM/Allison hybrid system. The DE40i was only ordered by one transit agency, which was Roaring Fork Transportation Authority in Aspen, CO.
- Villager, Mercedes-Benz O305 chassis (1987, 1989)
- Villager II, Mercedes-Benz chassis (1989)
- Starship S-25, Marcopolo Senior chassis (1989)
- Starship S-28, Marcopolo Senior chassis (1990)
- Gemini S-29, Ferroni minibus chassis (1992)
- Gemini T-29, Ferroni minibus chassis (1992)
- Gemini T-30, Ferroni minibus chassis (1990)
- Apollo T-40, Mercedes-Benz O371 chassis (1992)