MiWay route 101 'Dundas Express'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
101 Dundas Express
|Number of Branches||2|
|Buses used||40', 60'|
Route 101 Dundas Express is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 101 operates between Kipling Bus Terminal and South Common Centre Bus Terminal.
Route 101A operates between Kipling Bus Terminal and Laird Road at Ridgeway Drive.
Both route 101 and 101A provide express service across the Dundas Street corridor. Both branches serve University of Toronto Mississauga Bus Terminal.
- 101 Dundas Express (Monday to Sunday)
- 101A Dundas Express (Monday to Friday, rush hours only)
Route 101 is a limited stop route which does not serve every stop along its routing. The following are current stops of January 4, 2021.
- South Common Centre Bus Terminal (101)
- South Millway/Fifth Line (101)
- Laird Road/Ridgeway Drive (101A)
- Dundas Street/Winston Churchill Boulevard (101A)
- Dundas Street/Woodchester Drive (101A)
- Dundas Street/Erin Mills Parkway
- University of Toronto Mississauga
- Dundas Street/Erindale Station Road
- Dundas Street/Wolfedale Road
- Dundas Street/Mavis Road
- Dundas Street/Confederation Parkway
- Dundas Street/Hurontario Street
- Dundas Street/Cawthra Road
- Dundas Street/Tomken Road
- Dundas Street/Dixie Road
- Dundas Street/East of Dixie Road
- Dundas Street/Wharton Way
- Dundas Street/Billingham Road
- Kipling Bus Terminal
- Dundas Street/Aukland Road
- Islington Subway Station
- October 19, 2009 - Route 101 'Oakville Express' is introduced, operating between Uptown Core in Oakville and Islington Subway Station via UTM. Service operates during weekday rush hours only with 20 minutes frequency. Stops: Dundas/Postridge, Eighth Line, Prince Michael, Meadowridge, Vega, Winston Churchill, Erin Mills, UTM, Erindale Station Road, Wolfedale, Mavis, Hurontario, Cawthra, Tomken, Dixie, Billingham, Aukland.
- January 25, 2010 - Stop added at Woodchester Drive.
- October 4, 2010 - Route assigned MiExpress buses as part of MiWay brand launch.
- May 16, 2011 - Route renamed 101 'Dundas Express'. Service to Uptown Core in Oakville eliminated, with buses terminating at Ridgeway Drive.
- December 3, 2012 - Stop added at Confederation Parkway.
- March 24, 2014 - Route redesigned as part of Dundas corridor changes which include the cancellation of route 201. Route 101 now provides service between South Common Centre to Islington Subway Station, operating via South Millway and Erin Mills Parkway. Route 101A is introduced, operating during rush hour periods only covering route 101's prior routing between Ridgeway Drive and Islington Subway Station. Both routes 101 and 101A provide service to University of Toronto Mississauga. Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 10 minutes from 19 minutes (101 and 101A combined); new weekday midday service with 14 minutes frequency (101 only).
- October 24, 2016 - Saturday service introduced on route 101, operating from 6:00am to midnight with 20 minutes frequency. Stop added at Wharton Way.
- February 27, 2017 - Weekday midday frequency increased to 12 minutes from 14 minutes; new weekday evening service introduced, operating until approximately 10:00pm with 22 minutes frequency.
- October 28, 2019 - Saturday midday frequency increased to 15 minutes from 20 minutes. Sunday service introduced on route 101, operating from 9:30am to 7:00pm with 20 minutes frequency.
- March 23, 2020 - Route is suspended until further notice due to drop in customer demand.
- April 13, 2020 - Route resumes providing reduced all-day service at 30 minute intervals. Buses make all stops along the route.
- April 27, 2020 - Route resume regular Monday-Saturday service. Sunday service continues to be suspended.
- May 11, 2020 - Service on both branches (101/101A) now serve express stops only.
- September 8, 2020 - Branch 101A is modified to no longer serve U of T Mississauga Campus. Branch 101 continues to serve the campus.
- December 26, 2020 All Saturday service is suspended due to a province-wide shutdown.
- January 4, 2021 - Route revised to terminate at the new Kipling Bus Terminal, no longer serving Islington Subway Station.
- January 7, 2022 - Due to a shortage of operators, the route is suspended until further notice.
- February 21, 2022 - Full service resumes.
- September 5, 2022 - Branch 101A service to U of T Mississauga Campus is reinstated.