MiWay route 61 'Mavis'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 61 Mavis is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 61 operates between City Centre Transit Terminal and Sheridan College Davis Campus.
The route primarily serves Mavis Road north of Rathburn Road. It provides service to the City Centre, East Credit and Meadowvale Village neighborhoods of Mississauga, as well as the Heartland commercial area.
- 61 Mavis (Monday to Sunday)
- 61A Mavis-Sheridan
- October 12, 1999 - Planned introduction of route 61 Mavis service, contingent on construction of the Highway 401 interchange being completed. Construction of the interchange delays introduction of the route. Route operates between Trillium Hospital and Meadowvale Town Centre, travelling along The Queensway, Mavis Road, Crawford Mill Avenue, Gooderham Estate Boulevard, Old Derry Road, Creditview Road, Derry Road, Millcreek Drive and Aquitaine Avenue. The routing along Old Derry Road replaces route 42 service. Service is provided during weekday rush hours only with 35 minute frequency.
- May 23, 2000 - Route revised to provide service between Cooksville GO Station and Financial Drive with service added to City Centre Transit Terminal. Route now travels along Hillcrest Avenue, Mavis Road, Rathburn Road to and from City Centre Transit Terminal, Mavis Road, Derry Road, and looping using Bellshire Gate, Westbridge Way, and Financial Drive. Route no longer serves Trillium Hospital or Meadowvale Town Centre. Route 42 is revised to provide all day service on Old Derry Road. Service is provided during weekday peak periods only with 35 minute frequency.
- May 22, 2001 - Saturday and Sunday service added with 45 minute frequency on both days. Saturday and Sunday routing does not serve Cooksville GO Station, looping using Hillcrest Avenue, Clayhill Road, and Dundas Street.
- October 15, 2001 - Weekday evening service added.
- March 26, 2005 – Saturday midday frequency increased to 30 minutes from 45 minutes.
- May 21, 2007 - Northbound routing modified to use Envoy Drive between Mavis Road and Derry Road.
- December 3, 2007 - Route 61A is renamed 61A 'Mavis-Sheridan' and extended from Twain Avenue to Sheridan College Davis Campus via McLaughlin Road, operating during weekday rush hours only.
- October 20, 2008 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- June 28, 2010 - Route 61A midday service is introduced between City Centre Transit Terminal and Sheridan College Davis Campus supplementing existing route 61 service north of City Centre Transit Terminal. Weekday midday frequency improved to 18 minutes on the common portion from City Centre to Derry Road.
- July 4, 2011 - Saturday and Sunday routing modified to operate between City Centre Transit Terminal and Financial Drive. Service south of City Centre Transit Terminal is replaced by route 91 on Saturdays and Sundays. Saturday frequency increased to 24 minutes from 36 minutes; Sunday frequency increased to 36 minutes from 45-50 minutes.
- March 26, 2012 - Weekday routing revised to operate north of City Centre Transit Terminal, with service south of the terminal replaced by route 91 which begins operating 7 days a week. Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 14 minutes from 18 minutes; weekday midday frequency is 19 minutes; weekday evening and late evening frequency is 30-35 minutes.
- May 1, 2017 - Saturday frequency increased to 20 minutes from 25-30 minutes; Sunday frequency increased to 25 minutes from 34-38 minutes.
- April 29, 2019 - Saturday and Sunday routing revised to serve Old Derry Road to Financial Drive.
- September 2, 2019 - Route 61 weekday routing is extended north on Mavis Road and along Steeles Avenue to Sheridan College Davis Campus. Saturday and Sunday routing via Old Derry Road to Financial Drive is maintained. As a result of these changes, route 61A is eliminated.
- October 25, 2021 - Weekend service to Financial Drive is revised to operate to Sheridan College instead. All service now operates between City Centre Transit Terminal and Sheridan College every day.