MiWay route 109 'Meadowvale Express'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||1|
|Buses used||40', 60'|
Route 109 Meadowvale Express is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
- 109 Meadowvale Express (Monday to Sunday)
Route 109 is a limited stop route which does not serve every stop along its routing. The following are current stops of January 4, 2021.
- Meadowvale Town Centre Bus Terminal
- Winston Churchill Boulevard/Battleford Road
- Winston Churchill Boulevard/Britannia Road
- Winston Churchill Boulevard/Thomas Street
- Winston Churchill Boulevard/Erin Centre Boulevard
- Winston Churchill Boulevard/Eglinton Avenue
- Winston Churchill Transitway Station
- Erin Mills Transitway Station
- City Centre Transit Terminal
- Central Parkway Transitway Station
- Cawthra Transitway Station
- Tomken Transitway Station
- Dixie Transitway Station
- Tahoe Transitway Station
- Etobicoke Creek Transitway Station
- Spectrum Transitway Station
- Orbitor Transitway Station
- Renforth Transitway Station
- Dundas Street/Billingham Road
- Kipling Bus Terminal
- October 20, 2008 - Route 109 'Meadowvale Express' is introduced, operating between Meadowvale Town Centre and Islington Subway Station. Route travels along Winston Churchill Boulevard, Erin Centre Boulevard, Erin Mills Parkway, Highway 403/Eastgate Parkway, Eglinton Avenue, Orbtitor Drive, Skymark Avenue, serves Skymark Hub and then continues to Islington Station via Highway 427 and Dundas Street. Stops: Winston Churchill/Britannia, Winston Churcill/Thomas, Erin Centre/Erin Mills Town Centre Access, Erin Mills/Credit Valley, Eastgate/Tomken, Eastgate/Dixie, Eglinton/Tahoe, Orbitor/Eglinton, Skymark Hub, Dundas/Aukland. Service operates during weekday rush hour periods with 16 minutes frequency in the peak direction and 32 minutes frequency in the counter peak direction.
- January 25, 2010 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- October 4, 2010 - Route assigned MiExpress buses as part of MiWay brand launch.
- January 25, 2011 - Stop added at Billingham Road.
- July 4, 2011 - Route revised to serve City Centre Transit Terminal. Route revised to use Rathburn Road and Tomken Road in both directions, no longer using Highway 403 to Eastgate Parkway. Stops added at Tomken Road/Eastate Parkway.
- March 25, 2013 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 16 minutes in both directions.
- September 2, 2013 - Weekday midday service introduced with 22 minutes frequency.
- November 17, 2014 - Route revised to operate on the Mississauga Transitway between City Centre and Dixie Station. Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 12 minutes from 16-18 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 15 minutes from 22 minutes; new weekday evening service until 11:00pm with 24 minutes frequency. Saturday service introduced, operating between 7:00am and 10:00pm with 22 minutes frequency.
- September 5, 2015 - Stop added at Winston Churchill Boulevard and Battleford Road.
- February 6, 2016 - Route revised to extend service on the Mississauga Transitway to Tahoe and Etobicoke Creek stations.
- January 2, 2017 - Route revised to serve Winston Churchill and Erin Mills stations, no longer providing service on Erin Mills Parkway or Erin Centre Boulevard. New stops added on Winston Churchill Boulevard at Eglinton Avenue and Erin Centre Boulevard. Sunday service introduced, operating between 7:00am and 10:00pm with 22 minutes frequency.
- May 1, 2017 - Route revised to extend service on the Mississauga Transitway to Spectrum and Orbitor stations.
- September 4, 2017 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 10 minutes from 12 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 12 minutes from 15 minutes. Sunday service introduced, operating between 7:00am and 10:00pm with 20 minutes frequency.
- November 22, 2017 - Route revised to serve the new Renforth Transitway Station, no longer serving Skymark Hub.
- October 28, 2019 - Saturday midday frequency between 9:30am and 6:00pm increased to 15 minutes from 23 minutes; Sunday midday frequency between 9:30am and 5:30pm increased to 17 minutes from 23 minutes.
- January 4, 2021 - Route revised to terminate at the new Kipling Bus Terminal, no longer serving Islington Subway Station.