MiWay route 35 'Eglinton'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||2|
|Buses used||40', 60'|
|Division||Central Parkway, Malton|
Route 35 Eglinton is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 35 provides east-west service across the City of Mississauga along the Eglinton Avenue corridor between Kipling Bus Terminal and Ninth Line. It also serves Renforth Transitway Station via on-street stops on Eglinton Avenue.
- 35 Eglinton (Monday to Sunday)
- 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line (Monday to Friday, rush hours only)
- September 5, 2005 - Route 35 'Eglinton' is introduced, service begins, providing service along Eglinton Avenue between Tenth Line and Matheson Boulevard/Commerce Boulevard, looping via Matheson Boulevard, Skymark Avenue and Commerce Boulevard. Service operates Monday to Friday during rush hours only.
- October 10, 2005 - Weekday midday service added.
- January 28, 2008 - Route extended west to Ninth Line, looping using Ninth Line, Erin Centre Boulevard and Tenth Line.
- May 20, 2008 - Route extended to Islington Subway Station via Highway 427 and Dundas Street. Weekday late evening service is added, and Saturday service is introduced with 35 minutes frequency. Route 35A 'Eglinton-Tenth Line' is introduced, operating between Islington Subway Station and Tenth Line during weekday rush hours.
- October 24, 2011 - Routing modified to service Skymark Hub in both directions via Skymark Avenue.
- December 12, 2011 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 14.5 minutes from previous 16 minutes.
- July 2, 2012 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 10-11 minutes from previous 14.5 minutes.
- March 24, 2014 - Route revised to access Highway 427 via new ramp from Eglinton Avenue.
- May 1, 2017 - Sunday service is introduced, operating between 7:00am and 11:00pm with with 45 minutes frequency.
- February 26, 2018 - Route revised to no longer serve Skymark Hub, remaining on Eglinton Avenue and serving the new Renforth Transitway Station on street.
- January 4, 2021 - Route revised to terminate at the new Kipling Bus Terminal, no longer serving Islington Subway Station.
- October 25, 2021 - Route 35 is extended in the west to terminate at the Churchill Meadows Community Centre Terminal. Route 35A is eliminated as a result of service duplication.