MiWay route 68 'Terry Fox'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 68 Terry Fox is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 68 operates between City Centre Transit Terminal and Creditview Road at Britannia Road.
The route primarily serves Terry Fox Way, Britannia Road and Bancroft Drive. It provides service to the City Centre, East Credit and Meadowvale Village neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 68 Terry Fox (Monday to Saturday)
- October 20, 2003 - Route renamed 68 'Guildwood Loop' from 68 'Bristol'. Routing revised to provide service on Kingsbridge Garden Circle, Eglinton Avenue, Guildwood Way, Winterton Way/Dream Crest Road and looping via Lismic Boulevard, Briston Road and Terry Fox Way. Weekday rush hour frequency is 20 minutes; weekday midday and evening frequency is 40 minutes; Saturday frequency is 40 minutes; Sunday frequency is 60 minutes.
- September 6, 2005 - Route renamed 68 'Windsor Hill' from 68 'Guildwood Loop'. Routing revised to no longer serve Dream Crest Road.
- July 4, 2011 - Route renamed 68 'Windsor Hill Loop' from 68 'Windsor Hill'.
- January 30, 2012 - Saturday frequency reduced to 53 minutes from 40 minutes. Route begins interlining with routes 8 and 91 on Saturdays. Sunday service is eliminated due to low ridership.
- January 28, 2013 - Saturday service interlined with route 8 only, with 60 minutes frequency.
- April 11, 2016 - Route revised to use Confederation Parkway and Rathburn Road to City Centre Transit Terminal, no longer using Eglinton Avenue to Kingsbridge Garden Circle. Route begins interlining with route 91 on weekdays with revised frequency. Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 30 minutes from 20 minutes; weekday midday and evening frequency remains at 40-45 minutes. Saturday interline with route 8 continues.
- October 28, 2019 - Route renamed 68 'Terry Fox' from 68 'Windsor Hill Loop'. Route extended north on Terry Fox Way and along Britannia Road looping via Creditview Road, Bancroft Drive and Silken Laumann Way. Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 25 minutes from 30 minutes; weekday midday and evening frequency increased to 30 minutes from 40 minutes; Saturday frequency is 50-55 minutes. Sunday service introduced, operating between 9:00am and 6:00pm with 50-55 minutes frequency. Weekday interlining with route 91 continues, Saturday interlining with route 8 is eliminated.
- September 6, 2021 - Sunday service is eliminated due to low customer demand.